Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Picking Things Up

I love a cleaning kind of day. My brain feels fresh and useful, and I get to see my bedroom floor again. Huzzah! It amazes me how much neater my room looks when all I've done is DO MY LAUNDRY. What amazes me more is how long it takes me to get to the point where I want to do it. It probably doesn't help that I now have a big enough wardrobe that it doesn't become a problem for about a week or so, heh.

At least recently though, I've had a little bit of an excuse for neglecting my laundry. In fact I've had a big, exciting reason! You ready to hear it? ...I have gotten back into writing!! Huzzah! Hurray! *cue jumping and shouting and general merrymaking* ... *oh yes, cue confetti also*

To tell the truth, I never really 'got out' of writing. If I stopped writing completely my brain would probably explode. The thing is, for the last year and a half at least, I really haven't been doing much more than brainstorming, puttering around with story outlines, and writing the occaisional 'super angsty and depressed' poem in runic viking... hehehe... What's funny is you probably think I'm totally kidding about that last one.

Anywho, I finally decided to buckle down on my writing. I even went down to B&N's and picked up a copy of the brand new Novel and Short StoryWriter's Market. Whoo! Ohmygoodness what an AWESOME book that is! I mean, there is a huge list of magazines, what kind of writing they take, how to send it in, and all that good stuff. And not only that! There are also advice articles on all kinds of awesome things. I've not yet read each and every one, but so far my favorites are Critique Groups and Reading With A Writer's Eye.

Other proactive kinds of writing things I've been doing involve picking out the best of my currently completed short stories to further edit and send out into the wide scary world. And I finally put together a sort of idea of how I want the TFG chapter I've been stuck on for so long to go, and hopefully flow. ^-^ Huzzah! I sent it out to my trusted writing friends for some thoughts and critique. Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon... (Yeah, you know who you are! *directs big shiny kitty eyes upon her kindly frienditors*)

Oh yes, and I also wrote a nice middle-length note for my blog. ^-^ Yup, things do indeed seem to be picking up.

No comments: