Thursday, November 13, 2008

November is for Lewis'

So, I am begining to think that I totally fail at NaNoWriMo. Heh, I am just too Tolkein-ish for my own good. As hard as I try, I can't help but edit and critique each sentence as I write it. So, it took me about a week or some to get about 500 hundred words! >.< *sigh*

Add to that the fact that I've decided that the story I was working on could not possibly even WORK for writing so fast - due to gaping plot holes that need to be patched and a lot of world-work to be added in and such - it leaves me about two weeks to get to 50,000 words. Lol I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it... but I'm certainly not giving up! I'll keep on typing and scribbling as fast as ever I can (which is, as I've said, not very fast) right up till midnight on the 30th, and then... well, then I'll go back to trying to finish The Falcon of Ganst. XD

I never did post anything about WHAT I was trying to write for NNWM though, did I? Originally, I started out with Drace, which was an old roleplay I used to run. It was a really fun story and a really good plot. Also, I might add, it marked the use of my first interesting villain. (I do not count Rahkin from 'Dragon's Hero', both because I never finished that story either *smacks herself on the forehead* and because he didn't really become an interesting character till I did some editig, AFTER Drace was started. heh)

I have actually been planning to turn Drace into a story for quite some time. I even asked Zanillo (my right hand man and favorite player in the roleplay) for permission to use his character, Kayodin, in it. Because seriously, without Kayodin it wouldn't be Drace! But, I digress...

I started out with a prologe I had been thinking of adding, and got stuck right away on some description. XD After I finally got past that I moved along pretty well, until I realized that this wouldn't really work that well as a prologe. So then I tried to do another one. I'm sort of a linear writer. I have a hard time writing things out of order. It probably would have worked better though, to just start right in on the first chapter. >.<

I finally got to the point though, where I realized that I couldn't just follow the set plot I already had, mostly because I couldn't figure out how I wanted to write the different points of view. After thinking about it, I think I might just come up with an entirely different sequence of events and change the plot-line a little. Honestly, when I was fourteen, plot-holes and inconsistancies didn't matter that much to me. Plus, I did not have any clear idea of how the world was ordered at that point. I was kinda flying by the seat of my pants. XD

So, I've set Drace aside for now and I'm currently working on WotS (War of the Sisters), ANOTHER old rp I used to run... along with Kimi-chan. It didn't get nearly as far as Drace, and I think that might just help me out. More seat-of-pants flying. ^-^

I could really use a wing and a prayer right about now, heh.

No comments: