Thursday, October 16, 2008

Book Mania

I must be feeling more myself recently, cause I've been buying a lot of books. XD A LOT! It started when I went to Barnes & Nobles with my Mom. Specifically, I was going there to pick up the new Eragon book... which I have yet to read...

Here's what I ended up with at the counter:

Brisingr, by Christopher Paolini (yeah, third Eragon book)
Castle in the Air, by Diana wynne Jones (sequel to Howl's Moving Castle! whooot!)
Dragonhaven, by Robin McKinley (okay, first off, a new McKinely? oh YES!)

and a few little books for my sisters and other relatives for Christmas. ^-^ (which, obviously, I cannot divulge at this time.)

You'd think the book madness would have ended there... at least till I finished reading those. XD However, you'd be wrong... so very wrong.

Yesterday, I hit the thrift stores with my Mom... here's the treasures I unearthed after going through TONS of romance titles. lol

The Great Good Thing, by Rodevick Townley (I actually read this already, and it is really good!)
Swan Sister: Fairy Tales Retold, assorted authors (Yes, I am a sucker for fairy tales.)
King Lear, by Shakespeare o' course! ^-^
Canterbury Tales, by Chaucer
Night's Daughter, by Marion Zimmer Bradley

and a few more book gifts for Christmas.. including one for Loralin! Shhhh. *wink* Lesson learned from this experiance? If you're going to go book-crazy it's best to do it in thrift stores, because $5.00 beats $60.00 every time. XD

No comments: